Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creating Life: Frankensteien

If given the power to create life as Frankenstein did, I do believe would choose not to. I think that a human trying to create another human- in the unconventional sense- is wrong. However, I will not lie to you and say that I would not be intrigued by the idea.

As a member of the Christian Faith, my objections to the idea of creating life should be obvious to you. I feel that it is God's place to create such things, and God's only. If someone tried to create life- using embryos, cloning, you name it- is 1) out of your power and 2) imperfect. Things can go wrong. Look and Frankenstein's creation for proof.

On the flip-side, I would be interested, all religion put aside. Creating something as complex as a human with your own hands would be both fascinating and alarming. It would, in a sense, make you feel power.

Again, I would be interested, but it is wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Woah. I never thought about it with religion tied in. I am a christian also, and I beieve the same. But in the same way, If we got the opportunity it would be from God and he would lead us to creating what he wants if we look to him for guidance. I agree and both disgaree, but you put it in a new way. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!I really liked what you said about the opportunity would be from God. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete